Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 59

I'm writing this mid-day because farmgirl has an awesome weekend planned and will need to leave right away! So, harvesting. We harvested more sunflowers than I ever thought possible, and they were beautiful and I felt like apologizing to each one when I cut them. Then we harvested carrots, squash, chard, kale and broccolini. Also some Zinnia's that were looking sizzling today, that sounded like I was hitting on them or something, I'm not, but they did look nice.

We also have some watermelons coming up!!!! Oh yeah! So Cory and I picked blackberries while Erica went on a run to Farms on Floyd. The shocker of the week is that the strawberries have made a come back and are ready for the sequel part 8 or something, amazing...couldn't believe it.

Next on the agenda is harvesting some potatoes for market, which we've never done before. I did try some of them and they were good. One of them was purple, Purple Viking, you cut open the tater and purple on the inside too! Go figure.


Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Farmgirl, can you tell us what your awesome Memorial Day weekend was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely, I went camping in Chattanooga which is an annual tradition with my friends from college...awesome.

    ReplyDelete