Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 7



Horses by the strawberry field
Today we planted a variety of veggies and flowers. There's an exchange student from a neighboring farm here for the week from Honduras. So I was on my own for English conversation for awhile. In the hoop houses we set up drip irrigation, laid down the plastic white side up to reflect heat and prevent weeds. With the tomatoes Cory had us put in some bone meal before planting for calcium, which he knew I wouldn't like being vegan but really I have leather seats in my car so we moved on from technicalities. Anyhoodle, we planted tomatoes, basil, sunflowers, cucumbers, lettuce and zucchini. A little easier today, but I was still tired and burnt from yesterday. We got in new boxes for CSA, so we cleaned out the old ones they do this about every 3 months. There were some less glamorous parts of the day like I had to sweep up a dead rat and clean out sewage smelling compost buckets. But it all got done. PS, Pheasant's are bred in captivity and released at one time for the hunters, which is cheating if you ask me, but no one hardly does and that's too bad because I have really great opinions, in my opinion. They also hunt quail and deer.
Unfortunate Pheasant


No comments:

Post a Comment