Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 6

My longest day yet. We wanted to get an early start and meet at seven, only to realize the sun doesn't rise until 7:40. Then the tractor wouldn't start, battery was dead. I started planting onions, they were Vidalia onions until they leave there and now they are just onions (patents). Tractor started working and we worked all day, planted about 7500. You heard me, 7500. No break, I wanted to get it over and done! Cory brought us lunch and has an Indian friend he got this amazing recipe from for Indian trail mix, that part wasn't important, but it was the highlight of my day. We finished out transplanting the rest of the tomatoes.

Please withhold all redneck jokes
So I rode on the back there in one of the black seats, inside the barrels is fertilizer and water. It would leak out and make holes for the transplant onions. The tractor made the job faster, some would say too fast. Like me, I'd say that, it was hard to keep up with the pace. Daniel had a really hard time because he's a perfectionist and barely had time to place them. But we got it done, and will have onions a growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment