Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 5

Equipment Prep Day. I started today by transplanting tomatoes, and the surgery went well. We also got to go to a neighbor's farm in Newman to pick up a water/fertilizer holder thingy (don't be intimidated by my technical terms). Nicholas' farm is the one Burge is modeled after, it's been around for 12 years and runs beautifully. They have about twenty hoop houses filled with goodies.
Cory gave a farm tour to some doctors from Emory while Daniel plowed/fertilized/tilled the land where we'll put our onions tomorrow. I continued to plant tomatoes and did a lot of picking up and dropping off of parts. We finished later today at 6 and we'll start early tomorrow at 7.  Also I scraped my shin today, my first injury!

Three Braided Carrot or XXX-rated



Wisteria in Bloom all around the farm



No comments:

Post a Comment