Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 4



Today separated the (wo)men from the boys. Started out in a rush, looking over some transplants in the greenhouse; the tomatoes, tobacco, and broccoli which will go in the ground soon. We got together to get some boxes ready for Cory to deliver to local restaurants, and another to advertise for other restaurants to sign up. It included kale, lettuce, parsley, broccoli, onions, yellow turnips, carrots, asparagus, flowers...forgot what they were called (Not forget-me-nots!). 
Peppers, Tomatoes, Tobacco in the Greenhouse
Green Onion Beginnings
The next half of the day I planted two varieties of green onions with Daniel (see above).  It took some time, I did most of the last three lines, second row while he got the drip irrigation ready. Then we planted red lettuce and called it a day. It was hot as Hades out there and my allergies were killing me! I'm glad for the three day break. (but can't wait to start again next week) :)

1 comment: