Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 56


We'sa startin early folks! Went in today at 7:00am and will from now until we go in even earlier. Yikes! We did get a lot accomplished this morning, shall I start? So, intern Jason harvested cucumbers and squash, I harvested sunflowers, Erica harvested beets. Then I moved on to radishes and turnips and Erica harvested carrots. After a 30 minute lunch we returned and headed to Jeff Cook field. Erica and Jason harvested Lacinato Kale, and I was in charge of Rainbow chard. Reflection: This is my second time choosing to harvest the chard, I don't even like chard but I think the bright colors draw me in.

We journeyed back to clean and bunch before the Tuesday drop off CSA delivery. I think this was the smoothest harvesting day we've had in 5 weeks; we had enough, dare I say, produce! Some veggie's were picked too early, like the onions and radishes, but overall it's an awesome box this week.

Okay, so the best part of today, we got off early and Erica, Puddy, and I went to hang out by the pool :) Good times! I'll spare you the pictures because my farmer's tan might blind you. Then chef Andrew came out with his sous chef Penny and we chatted and I asked about inside the Main House because I'm nosey like that. They said it was open, chef Andrew was doing a scotch tasting tonight. So we toured around and I saw a Renoir! Beautiful.

Sorry, there's wasn't a no glare angle

Then we ventured up to the spooky museum attic. I'm not kidding, spook city. There were old clothes, dolls, a ouija board, photos, awards, cameras. Just about everything...for a Ghost Hunters episode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment