Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 54


  Market Day. Cory went to Boston, so it was just me and intern Jason at the wheels! I met up with Jason around 7:30 to set up everything. We call Cory a food stylist because he has a talent for staging the produce which he will admit to every now and then. Jason and I have little practice with food styling but gave it our all. Then depending on what was selling we repositioned. Hey, this is important sales is looks, strategy, and bargaining. We had some of that ;)
Everyone setting up for market


Today was slower, we sold out of strawberries, asparagus, carrots and towards the end beets, radishes and surprisingly rainbow chard (go chard!). I met one of the chefs from the Ritz Carlton and sold him some garlic flowers to use in some of their dishes. He said he dehydrates the flowers to keep them longer and uses the stem as well. One pastry vendor whom I had sold red cabbage to and talked to for awhile brought me two of her red cabbage strudels today, how sweet! I also bought some okra pickled with vinegar, salt, peppers, garlic and dill, so good! Thanks market.

Okra pickling girls and puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment