Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Monday, March 12, 2012

First Day

End of day one. Let's just say it's making me think "I'm pooped" and "sore as all get out" and you know I never phrase things like that, cause I'm not a kindergarten teacher or elderly. Cory and Daniel said after a couple weeks I'll be all toughened up and will be good to go.
But I loved it! Started out harvesting radishes, beets, turnips and some Romaine lettuce, cleaned them off then got ready for a CSA box for the Annie Oakley club women (Burge is a private hunting club and I'm in danger of being shot on a daily basis but I like to live on the edge so no problem). Next stop weeding; the weeds were up to my knees so getting them out was serious! I also used a weed sifter tool to get the shallow ones and break up the ground.
This year along with growing veggies we will grow some flowers to add to the CSA boxes and hopefully sell them to Whole Foods, so more to come on that. Below is a picture of our lettuce which I got to pick and take home to eat for dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment