Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 11

Harvested strawberries, my morning ritual. Then planted some seedlings before Cory grabbed me for an Easter task. I harvested about 230 carrots, (Easter color) radishes, and turnips to be delivered to a couple preschool's in the area tomorrow to promote the farm. They will be put in baggies and titled, Food for the Easter Bunny. After lunch we grabbed all the transplants and went to the Jeff Cook Rd field (where we planted the green onions), and used that machine we acquired yesterday to lay down drip irrigation and plastic row covers, then the fertilizer and water holder with pegs was used. We planted a lot of broccoli, cauliflower, Komatsuna, Chard, and Kale.

Some reject carrots I snagged to take home (too small or missing carrot tops)

Laying down drip line and row covers

No comments:

Post a Comment