Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 74

Indigo's are Ripe!
Whew! What a market harvesting cra-zy day. The camera dude came bright and early and shot us in Jeff Cook field. He spent a hot min filming me picking beans. Okay, so that was boring, but the puppies came to say hi and he filmed that too. Once we were done harvesting in JC, we went to Newborn field to harvest potatoes. That's where I told Cory I put a small purple potato in his M&M bag cause I was wondering if he ate it, he said he didn't know but probably.
Tomato Purgatory
After Newborn came blackberry lovin time, the camera guy was still there at this point and chowed down on some blackberries. Then off to lower field to pick millions of tomatoes. Millions. Also, in a segment I call (just made up) new guy on the farm: peppers. We picked Shishito's, and here's why they're cool, it's the Russian roulette of peppers. One in every ten is spicy...great for parties.
Shishitos (no, I didn't cuss)
Next, we went back to the barn and camera dude left with enough footage for ten movies by this time. Jason brought lunch and then we went back to harvesting after a 30 min break. First I sorted tomatoes while Erica and Cory went to get more produce (carrots and such, not really sure where they went). I bunched the leeks and onions then headed with Cory to harvest okra and flowers.

Last and least, we all made bouquets. I was exhausted...not from the bouquets, mostly from the other events. Oh, and I think the Georgia Outdoor show will air sometime in September, I'll let you guys know. I'd hate for you to miss my big bean picking debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment