Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 37

Today=Hotness, not the sexy kind, moreso the "AH, I got sweat in my eye, where's my water, man I'm sleepy" hotness.
Black Peanuts
The hose won
We finished shelling the black peanuts and got the rundown of today's events! (no exclamation point needed, but it wears me out thinking about today, so a little more enthusiasm in punctuation is needed for me at least). I went to the orchard to check on the grafts we did a few weeks back, and they are looking good, I think they took. I worked with irrigation in the orchard and did battle with a hose going to the small greenhouse. Harvesting asparagus and strawberries was back on the table today; however, I believe we're coming to a close with them both. They'll probably make the CSA boxes this week and that'll be it.
 I learned something today, I learned that if trellising tomatoes were a sport in the Farming Olympics 2012, I would not place. I am making improvements though, when you start to develop blisters, you finally have it tight enough. Daniel interweaves the twine through the plants while Cory pulls straight with just a couple wrap around the poll times. We have a lot of practice ahead too! The lower field is only about halfway complete, but Erica and I successfully trellised the hoop house tomatoes, and those little guys look happy! Well, not really happy they don't like hot weather just warm, which being from South America you'd think they'd soak it up. Anyhoodle, they better man up because it's gonna be hot from now on.

 Also, new edition, this is Sprocket the mouse killer, Erica's cat. As you can see he's been out of the game awhile so we'll be playing the theme song to Rocky to pump him up before he hits the gym each day.

Time for some Kitty Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment