Questions about the farm, CSA, or witty advice please email me at kathyjross19@gmail.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 28


Creeper van keeping it real since 81
Restaurant Deliveries!!! I got to deliver yummy veggies to our peeps in Atlanta and pick up some supplies today as well. The van had some challenges starting up at times, I still have no idea if I popped the cap or just used brute force, and I might have taken out a few curbs backing up, but we talked it out, hung in there and made it happen. The pictures are of the restaurants I visited today, oh and King of Pops who uses our too ripe strawberries for popsicles or as we call them seconds, and Avalon catering. For deliveries I saw a lot of the backs of these places and talked to chefs, my visits were low key and pretty chill. I had a good time seeing the type of places that serve our produce and care about where it comes from...better than delivering to say Applebee's. Whenever I make fun of a restaurant I call it Applebee's, nothing against them except, well everything. Back to business, so when I finished with the deliveries I picked up some of those vented pint containers you get strawberries in, which come about 650 in a case and costs $85. Now pick up 4 of those and add tax and you get one nervous girl whose hand shakes giving over the farm check card. I guess you don't really think about prices when you package, but if you are going to start your own farm or business I think it's surprising how the little things add up. And that my friends, was an Organic Food for Thought moment, free of charge (but that's only until I set up a Paypal account on here).
Barcelona
Barcelona outside view






Empire State South, oh and there's bocce in the yard!

Holeman & Finch
H&F Bottleshop bought our organic herbs

Some styles should've died with this guy
It is also important to note the owner of the Bottleshop has a tent besides ours at market, that's not important, what's important is that his facial hair looks like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment